The truth is there’s no definite way on how to prepare yourself for your upcoming wedding. However there are steps you can follow to ensure you can keep disasters at bay. You can begin with the following:
1. Schedule your wedding properly. Unless there’s a definite reason why you should hurry it up, have the wedding at least 6 months after the engagement. If it’s possible, schedule it a year after. This will give you enough time to tackle all aspects of the occasion, from the sending of invitations to catering, among others.
2. Know who you want to come. The guests can sometimes cause you headaches, and that’s sometimes sad. After all, these are dear people to you. It therefore becomes important you can create a guest list. Determine who you want to come to your wedding. Make sure you can be clear with the details. If you don’t want them tagging along somebody else, then say so.
3. Determine how much you’re willing to spend. Setting up a wedding can be very costly. It’s not uncommon to spend close to $10,000 for just a very simple affair. It becomes higher if you’re picky with a lot of things. Early on, before you start deciding on what to wear or where the venue is, have a good idea how much you want to spend for the wedding. There are several guidelines you can download online to have a clearer idea of the amount.
4. Keep yourself healthy.Any wedding planning is stressful for both parties, and too much stress can take a toll on the body. You will find yourself catching colds so easily, or you immediately get tired. It is because stress can dampen your immune system.
You want to keep your health in check at all times, especially during wedding preparations. A day doing nothing for the wedding planning will force you to work harder in the coming days. Besides, taking care of oneself will help you look much better on your wedding day. Take your vitamins and minerals religiously, eat the right kinds of food, and exercise.
5. Share the load. A lot of men will leave the decision-making process to their future brides. Honestly, that should not be the case. Sharing the wedding preparations can greatly reduce the stress for all parties involved. If you can afford it, hire a wedding planner. If you can’t, request assistance from friends and family. Surely they would love to take part in the planning process.
6. Learn to motivate yourself. Like any type of planning, there will be a number of drawbacks. It’s just a matter of convincing yourself to go on. In this case, you can utilize subliminal messages. The subliminal messages can further enhance your mind-set, making you believe you’re confident enough to beat the stress. Some of the subliminal messages frequently used by those getting married are the following:
I am looking forward to my wedding.
I don’t let the setbacks deter us from the plans.
I can develop a clearer mind so I can decide well for the wedding.